Shortly after Trinity Lutheran Church was formed plans were made for a school. In 1882 Trinity Lutheran School was opened and has served the congregation and community since that time. The first school house doubled as a church at Second and Vine streets. The pastor conducted classes until 1885 when the first permanent teacher, Mr. Wiesbrodt, was called.
In 1893 the church moved across the lot into a newly constructed stone building. In 1923 the school building was enlarged.
Once the present location of the school was purchased, the new four-room school was dedicated August 17, 1930. Two rooms were added to the structure in 1952. In 1962 the school underwent a major expansion. This added four classrooms, a library, a lunchroom, a gym, and office spaces. A final addition of four classrooms, a youth center, and enlarged office spaces was made in 1978.
Since 1909, Trinity Lutheran School has had only five principals:
Mr. Becker (1909-1949)
Mr. Wassermann (1949-1972)
Mr. Chandler (1972-2001)
Mrs. Armstrong (2002-219)
Mrs. Staehr (2019-Present)